9.16.2009

An Introduction to The Apneist Blog

When it was suggested that I start a blog, I racked my brain trying to come up with a central theme. What can I write about with interest and zeal? What do I know? I'm just a kid from Arizona with a dream looking to cut my teeth in a series of formidable and intimidating industries.... Errr... Wait. I could write about that I guess, couldn't I?

So let's get introductions out of the way so we don't have to be strangers anymore. I'm James. I sing. I play bass. I play keyboard. I do graphic design. I write. I live in Phoenix, AZ.

Phew... so that brings me to this point in time.... The date is Wednesday, Sept 16. In 10 days, I will be embarking on a journey throughout this great country of ours. My band, A Life of Science, has put together a tour centered around 3 major Comic Cons that we will be exhibiting our new album / comic book at. We will be doing some random Comic Con performances as well.

So yeah... 10 days left... 10 days that I will spend every waking hour planning, practicing and promoting. We just got a new van today, and its a sweet ass conversion van. It's even got a TV and VCR, which is huge (especially since one of our tour managers has a wicked VHS collection). We are looking at trailers this week.

I feel good about my job as A Life of Science's graphic designer at the moment. I was able to successfully order albums, comic books, booth materials for the comicons, tshirts and promo cards for the tour. Damn near killed me, but all's well that ends well.

Now, as the days creep closer and closer, I let the feelings of excitement, anxiousness and nervousness wash over my body with each passing moment. I'm pretty much too busy to fully take any of it in, but such is life.... and I love life.

I'm gonna be blogging daily. This blog will serve as my tour diary and my journal. Also, I listen to loads of music (mostly indie rock) and read as much as I can, so expect full reviews and recommendations. I'll also be talking about "The Apneist" a great deal.. it's pretty much been my life for the past few years. I'll explain later what exactly "The Apneist" is, because that's a whole dialog right there.

Thanks for tuning in. If you want even more up-to-date blogging from yours truly, look no further than http://www.twitter.com/jameskeenan.

Over and out. Hmmm... I'd better work on a better closing signature, ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment